Monday, January 23, 2012

2000 Ford Focus 2.0l split port manual Ib5 tranny problem?

My tranny (which is an Ib5 5 speed manual) barely goes into reverse...as a matter of fact I think it's safe to say reverse isnt working. you can shift to reverse but you can hear it slip out of reverse as soon as you start releasing the clutch and start to go. well every other gear shifts fine and i've looked at the shift linkages and everything seems in order. I have the haynes repair manual and i have looked up how to adjust the tranny and I plan to do that tomorrow if it isn't to cold. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and know the best way to go about solving this problem. My step-dad has been working on cars all his life and I am half-way through with automotive classes so I'd say we have the experience we need to work on it. Thanks for any help in advance. :)2000 Ford Focus 2.0l split port manual Ib5 tranny problem?
try the adjustment first if that does not work reverse gear problem inside of unit the trans make in this is a MTX75 unit have heard common problem with these trans2000 Ford Focus 2.0l split port manual Ib5 tranny problem?
Clutch needs to be adjusted...

No comments:

Post a Comment