Monday, January 23, 2012

Ford 94 F250 manual transmission won't go in to gears?

Hello I have a problem with my Ford, my 94 F250 5.0 It's giving me a headache and some! My 5 speed manual transmission is not doing what it's supposed to do, I have over 150000+ miles in it and lately the transmission started to make a funny noise and it was very difficult to get the gears in, , so i decided to get it fixed I decided to replaced the concentric slave cylinder, the master cylinder, the flywheel, the clutch, the pilot bearing and all the gaskets necessary, and I did but when I put the transmission back on It just would not go in to any of the gears, the clutch seem to be working fine I press on the pedal and it activates just fine and the noise is gone but it just wont go in to any gears ........am I missing something? I followed all the steps that my haynes repair manual indicated and I just don't know what happened??? I was able to shift the gears fine when truck was turned off but now I can't... not on or off .............please help Thank you! any comments are very well appreciatedFord 94 F250 manual transmission won't go in to gears?
Sounds like you're missing a "Spacer" somewhere (Engine and Transmission are not Completely Disengaging when you Push in the Clutch) and the Alignment may be Off. Get it to a Good Transmission Shop, Explain everything you did and they can help you.Ford 94 F250 manual transmission won't go in to gears?
when you got the master cylinder changed, you might off not bled all the air out of the lines. since air is compressible every time you press the clutch in, it compresses the air and the clutch plate doesnt travel all the way like its suppose to so its hard to get it into gear. bleed the clutch, its easy. if you dono how to do it then ill just tell you just in case. you seem like you got this though.



you have a person sit in the car and press the clutch, then you let the fluid out by loosening the little nipple on the master cylinder. then when it stops you tighten it and they let off the clutch. you keep repeating that untill you dont see any more air coming out or see the new fluid. dont forget to add fluid so you dont get more air in the lines. if you have a machine that sucks the fluid then you loosen the nipple and put the hose on it and just keep adding fluid untill you think its gone threw the lines.

good luck



p.s. even if the clutch disk was installed backward, it wouldnt prevent you from shifting. clutch disks are universal from whichever side you use them. never done a manual truck but on cars thats how it is. did you use the alignment tool to align the clutch? look under the car. see if the transmission is sitting right to the engine. if theres a little space between, means you did something wrong. and might be preventing it from shifting by locking the transmission.Ford 94 F250 manual transmission won't go in to gears?
clutch disc installed backwards? it is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment