Thursday, January 26, 2012

I brought a Actron code scanner today because my car check engine light came on and I got a code that said 26?

The code 26 in the Actron code book said quad driver module or quad-driver No.1 error.

But in the the Haynes repair manual is says code 26 ECM FAILER which one should I use Im lost. I have a 1990 buick rivieraI brought a Actron code scanner today because my car check engine light came on and I got a code that said 26?
check your scan tool and make sure it will work on your car. if it does, go by the book that came with the tool.I brought a Actron code scanner today because my car check engine light came on and I got a code that said 26?
Since they make many scanners, you need to know what scanner you have. Some are only good for 1995 and newer, some only for asian makes and so on. You could possibly have a scanner that is not properly interfacing with that model vehicle.

That would make all codes improper.

No comments:

Post a Comment