Thursday, January 26, 2012

Which is a better manual for my 84 camaro haynes or chiltons?

I have an 84 2.8litre v6 camaro and want to find the best manual for repairs for this car if there is a better one than these two please let me know but these are the two best that I knowWhich is a better manual for my 84 camaro haynes or chiltons?
I suggest Haynes repair manual, I got one from Ebay for $40. Everything you need is there. It's the dealer manual and and its the best I think. That would be the most helpful tool in figuring out wiring and torque values.
On my experience, the Haynes will explaine totally out and support with great photo or picture, and I don't know how's in Chilton. But the Chilton, as I know, has not much book as the Haynes, please use a random car type search on both for a proof. And on Haynes there is a memo about manufacture repairment on the vehicle.

When you can have in new, have it in used.Which is a better manual for my 84 camaro haynes or chiltons?
Honestly, if you are going to try and work on your own vehicle, there is no substitute for the factory service manual. It costs a bit more ($75 in your case), but will probably save you far more than that in the long run. Helm Incorporated carries a FSM for your car (they supply OEM products). Here is a link:

http://www.helminc.com/helm/product2.asp鈥?/a>

I have used both Haynes and Chilton manuals over the years and discovered that they aren't much good for anything other than absolute basic maintenance (and sometimes not even that). I would go with the FSM for the few extra dollars.

Good luck!
in my opinion i love the haynes a have a 1984 pontiac firebird which is pretty much the exact same car, i have a haynes manual for it and it explains everything from a to z it is based on a complete tear down and rebuild of the car, so in my opinion go with the haynes.Which is a better manual for my 84 camaro haynes or chiltons?
I'd say Chilton manual best. I used for 45yrs as a pro. I don't know if you can purchase a single manual for your Camaro, You may want to go to their web site, Or Amazon.com and see what they offer.
Personally,I prefer Chiltons over Haynes manuals.The Chiltons usually go into a little detail on the different procedures than the Haynes.
between the 2, Chiltons. Haynes was very broad and missed a number of key components.



And agree, factory service manuals trump all.
They are both good, but each have different sections which are better than the other. If you can't find it in one, then the other has it.

No comments:

Post a Comment