Monday, January 30, 2012

Where is the coolant sensor located on a 1997 Isuzu Rodeo V6 3.2"?

My 1997 Isuzu Rodeo is overheating and the coolant fan is not coming on when the vehicle overheats unless I turn on the air conditoner and then it works just fine so my only guess is that is the coolant sensor but I can't seem to find it, and I even bought one of those Haynes Repair Manual but if was of no help to me. I thank anyone for their help please.Where is the coolant sensor located on a 1997 Isuzu Rodeo V6 3.2"?
Well, thats tricky. In my past experiences the sensor is located on the back of the engine, on the coolent pipes that lead into the heads, just about the bell housing. Unless you remove the engine, it will most likely be a PAIN to get too. I would take it to your local auto parts store and see if they will hook it up to a OBD II reader. Be mindful of the trouble code "PO118" which is related to that specific sensor. They will also be able to assist and guide you into getting it fixed! Best of luck!
  • live meeting
  • alpinestars
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment