Monday, January 30, 2012

What kind of maintenance should I do on a 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250R?

I just bought this bike with 8k miles on it. I put new tires on it and I'm going to change the oil soon. I was wondering if people had more suggestions about what else I should to this bike since I don't know everything the previous owner has maintained. Also, any recommendations on repair manuals would be great too. I was thinking about the Haynes manuals since I thought they were pretty good for cars.What kind of maintenance should I do on a 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250R?
Skip the Haynes manuals for motorcycles, they're worthless (tell you to go to an authorized service center for half the stuff one would do to a bike).



You're lucky to have chosen a bike that has a Huge support network online, with free tutorials on how to take care of the bike. Here's a link to the Service Schedule page (tells you what needs to be done and when), where most entries have links to the write-ups on how to do that work:



http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/Service_Sch鈥?/a>



I won't ride a bike without going through the entire service schedule and doing All fo the work. Too many years of flipping bikes has taught me that it's hazardous to my health to "assume" that any work, no matter how simple, was done, much less done correctly.



Check out the rest of the FAQ while you're there:



http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/Main_Page



You might find other stuff (tweaks/mods) you'd be interested in... and then there's always the forum too:



http://forums.ninja250.org/What kind of maintenance should I do on a 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250R?
A Kawasaki Shop Manual for that bike if you wish but the Haynes Manual is good enough.

Great idea with the new tires! They are your life-line as long as they are good tires and you look after them.

Change the oil, filters (both oil and fuel) now and on a regular basis. (added- air filter would be a good idea also)

Lube and adjust all cables, drive chain and check brake fluid levels.

Inspect brake pads (you do plan on stopping, right?)

The list goes on and on, hopefully so do you and your bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment