Monday, January 23, 2012

Are the small holes on my transmission housing suposed to be there?

Its a 1990 toyota pick-up 22re. There are three small holes right where the tranny bolts to the motor or where the clutch is. Also when I shift the motor winds out and doesn't catch I think I need to replace my clutch. I'm pretty good at working on my truck using the haynes repair manual I bought. Is pulling the tranny and replacing the clutch something I could do myself or should I waste my money and go to a professional?Are the small holes on my transmission housing suposed to be there?
waste your money, maybe the professional knows what the holes are for,,pressure relief? don't think soAre the small holes on my transmission housing suposed to be there?
you are perfectly right - change your clutch. the holes i believe are for pressure releaseAre the small holes on my transmission housing suposed to be there?
the holes are vents for moisture to escape from the housing if you have a manual go for it be sure to go ahead and replace the pressure plate and throwout bering while your at it and make sure you get a clutch alignment tool to get it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment