Monday, January 23, 2012

What is a good resource for learning basic auto mechanics?

I'm looking for a video series or book that is good for learning basic auto mechanics and maintenance. I'm a complete novice, but am very interested in learning some basic mechanic skills. I've already tried the Haynes Repair Manual series, but I find that those manuals are pretty vague and assume you have a considerable amount of experience.What is a good resource for learning basic auto mechanics?
Experience is the best teacher - go and get you hands dirty. Reading a book will only take you so far. I'm only sixteen and know more about cars than most grown men, because I grew up at the shop and in the garage with my dad. Try Auto Repair For Dummies, or Car Care for Car Guys: Tips %26amp; Techniques Beyond Auto Maintenance. They are actually pretty informative from the reviews
Youtube.com is a pretty good resource. So is ehow and many of the car forums available online.



Surprisingly, many libraries have a good selection of learning materials available.



Many are videos that you can check out and watch at home.



If you already have a car, you can start by joining a forum that's specific to your car.



The Internet is really a wealth of knowledge. All you need is a question, and someone will have an answer to it.What is a good resource for learning basic auto mechanics?
What I would do is start by doing some simple things...oil changes, wiper blade replacement, light bulb replacement, etc. If you take on a larger job just buy a subscription to an online repair manual. They are way better than Haynes and give you much better information.

You can check out my website listed below. I've designed it for people just like you.
i would look into a local community collage.What is a good resource for learning basic auto mechanics?
Someone who answer my question just now gave me this car club. Maybe help you?



www.amoauto.com



Hope so. Good day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment