Saturday, January 14, 2012

Chilton's or Haynes car repair manual?

I'm getting into servicing my own car and there are a lot of do it yourself manuals out there. Which one is best? The two I'm deciding between are Chilton's and Haynes manuals.Chilton's or Haynes car repair manual?
For routine service either will be OK. They both cover more model years than you will need and thus some info is generalized.



If you will be doing all repairs both minor and major, a factory manual while expensive is the best route. It is more specific to your car and contains much more information than either Hayne's or Chilton's.
Mitchell's it's what we used and what the industry uses for setting hours you can get a subscription to the web site and have access to all the stuff the pros do from wiring diagrams to OBDChilton's or Haynes car repair manual?
myself i like the haynes better then chilton. haynes explains things better.
my first choice would be a motors manuel second would be Mitchel's my third would be haynes My first and second choice is probably out of your price range so go with the HaynesChilton's or Haynes car repair manual?
Haynes
Have you thought of using an online service to get your information?



Frank
Haynes of course, chilton is owned by jews!!
i prefer haynes myself
their both top notch book. get them both. really it's just preferance.
either or

No comments:

Post a Comment