Sunday, February 12, 2012

Advice about replacing a clutch on honda accord.?

I have a '93 accord, and I'm getting ready to replace the clutch since its pretty shot. I've been fixing my own vehicles for about 7 years, although this is the biggest repair I've faced.



Heres my question though, I checked the haynes manual, and also the chilton manual. And they do have a big long step by step process, however they list a lot of steps that don't seem necessary.



Such as removing the starter, removing the exhaust, both cv shafts, center beam, air intake, all the different cables attached to the transaxle, draining the transaxle, etc.



Are all these things really necessary? Part of the reason I wonder is because I've seen quite a few jobs in the past in the haynes manuals that have more steps than necessary. But also in both manuals, when I go to the clutch replacement section, it referres me to the section on removing a transaxle.....as if I were to replace it with a new one. But I'm not. Now I don't know much about transaxles, but Don't I just need to lower it down a foot or so just to gain access to the clutch?



I just looked under the car and to me it doesn't even look like the exhaust and center bar are in the way, nor does it look as if the starter is in the way. Or it also looks like if I just unbolted a couple bolts, or ball joints on the control arms (to give them a little bit of play in and out), it seems like I'd be able to just leave them attached to the transaxle without removing them.



I'm really trying to get this done in the least amount of time so I can still have fun this weekend, so are all these steps really necessary? Which ones are/are not? Is there any place to find a better guide? Thanks.Advice about replacing a clutch on honda accord.?
Everything excpt the exhaust has to be done, replace the rear main and throwout bearing also. You need a lift and the transmission needs to be completly out of the way. I am not going to lie, the job is a P.I.T.AAdvice about replacing a clutch on honda accord.?
i hope your planning on changing the pressure plate too, and it really is a pain. hope you have a lift
  • acura tsx
  • art games
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment