Saturday, February 18, 2012

What are the pros and cons of staying in the military or getting out?

I've been in the military for 5 years and my husband is also in the military. There is a short window open right now for people who would like to early out. If I stay in the military, my husband and I would always be deploying back to back. We would rarely ever see each other and our babies would rarely have a parents in their lives. I don't know what I should do and I only have a short time to make a decision...What are the pros and cons of staying in the military or getting out?I got out, and am now a stay-at-home mom, doing ebay and amazon and going to school on my G I bill. I would still love to work, but my kids do need me, and I would rather not have my parents watching my kids all the time. I was still covered under my husbands DEERS for dental and medical. I had a clearance so I could always go mantech or BAE if I got too bored.What are the pros and cons of staying in the military or getting out?
The advantages of staying in: Free medical, vision, and dental care for the service member.

Very low medical co-pays for dependent medical, dental, and vision.

Regular employment

Excellent Life insurance.

Good retirement benefits and pension, plus most military retirees are young enough to start new carrers.



The only reason I can see to get out, is to be able to spend time with your familoy. Most People that have served more than 6 years usually get out because they want more time with their family.What are the pros and cons of staying in the military or getting out?If you stay in you have a job. You must forget we are in a recession. But if you get out you have more family time and you still have your husband benefits, but one less income. Do what you feel is best for your family rite now and if things dont work out you can always go back activeWhat are the pros and cons of staying in the military or getting out?
To add to the points above 鈥?you will keep your medical benefits if you get out and if you are eligible, can use the GI Bill from your active duty time to complete schooling.What are the pros and cons of staying in the military or getting out?GET OUT OF THE MILITARY. YOU WILL DIE.. MILITARY IS FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT DEATH.

No comments:

Post a Comment