Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Should I replace the timing chaing on my 2000 2.7liter dodge intrepid myself?

I have recently been doing my own repairs/maintenance on my cars. I always use a haynes manual and have or can aquire all of the necessary tools. Recently I changed the oil pan gasket (oil leak), replaced brake fluid and transmission fluid, replaced pvc valve, and I have always changed my own oil.



Im a little slow at doing these things as I like to take my time and do them right. If I did it myself, how long do you think it would take.



I just don't want to go over my head.. I read the instructionss and it doesnt seem to hard. Also, I would likely replace the water pump as well.



Note: I'm not being cheap... Its partially for the savings but also because I like to do these things myself.Should I replace the timing chaing on my 2000 2.7liter dodge intrepid myself?
I would not recommend it at all but if you think you can do it then go for it but remember that the 2.7 engine is one of the worse engine ever built so make sure that "everything" is done perfect....Should I replace the timing chaing on my 2000 2.7liter dodge intrepid myself?
If you're comfortable trying it and you have the tools, manuals, parts and mechanical aptitude necessary I'd say go for it.



Be aware that if you screw up the timing when changing the chain, the engine could be destroyed entirely. If you trust your ability to do it right the first time, I'd say take your time, follow the manual to the letter and give it a shot. If you're not 100% sure you can do it for whatever reason and you don't want to risk grenading the whole engine if you screw up, take it to a pro.Should I replace the timing chaing on my 2000 2.7liter dodge intrepid myself?
yes if you know how to do this type of work than i say yes you not only save money but lots of time a few head ache is worth it but with today cars you really have to know what your doing or it will cost you a lot more than you want. Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment