Sunday, February 12, 2012

What is the deal here?

I just wanted to post to see if i was alone here....



First i'll say that i enjoy helping out people that really dont know and need advice....but then there are some others.......



I'm wondering if i'm the only one on here that is getting tired of some of these people asking about what tools do i need and where do i find a head gasket, you need to realize that if you really have to ask the question, maybe you are in over your head....

If you want to learn to work on cars and repair stuff...start small... tuneups, changing oil, brakes, etc.... You say you are rebuilding your engine, you are very mechanical and then ask what tools do i need?....i have some screwdrivers and some wrenches...is there anything else.....uhh...yeah...just walk away dude.... take it to someone and like i said..stick with the beginner stuff for awhile!



How hard is it to just buy a manual that has directions and pictures? I have told people on here about a hundred times to buy a chilton or haynes manual...



Then it makes me wonder why they would decide to tear it all apart to replace it and then actually have to ask someone how to put it back together??



thanks for listening to my rant....lolWhat is the deal here?
funny you say that. I was saying the same thing a couple hours ago. That and the number of kids that want people to do their homework for them. I find allot of questions here are do to just plain laziness. i like the ok what's wrong with my car questions with only half the information the best, like i'm a physic of maybe if they move it closer to their computer we can help them better. I'm with you there, jason.
good advice Jason.i just hope they will listen to you.there are some people out there that shouldn't doing repairs on their cars if they don't know what they are getting into.some it will cost them more to have their mistakes taken care of by an real mechanic,because he's going to charge you for your screw ups.What is the deal here?
My favorites are the folks that just say "My car won't start" but don't provide any other symptoms or any of the little details like, the year, make, model, or engine size.
I'm with you, but is going to be ok buddy..people is,was steel dumbs, or stupid, so nothing you an I can do about it.I been tired to explain to other what need to be done,but walk away a few minutes///upssssss here they go.Doing everything wrong..talk and talk..for nothing..I'm agreeWhat is the deal here?
The problem is most these days didn't grow up working on cars and bikes in the driveway with the old man like us. It's sure as hell an advantage for people like us who started out with working on (my first car) a 62 corvair convertible when was 14, then me and dad built a 57 Chevy p/u with a 66 327. The list goes on and on, and chances are if it doesn't come with instructions on how to hook it up to the tv and put batteries in the controller, they're lost.The other problem is at least 2 times a year if people would lift the hood and see that there actually is a dipstick, and I'm not referring to Cletus on dukes of hazard people, and just realize that it's mechanical and if you don't respect it it's going to leave you sitting there scratching your head in disbelief that those spark plug thingies actually come out and if you take the time to just stop and look you might figure out that pliers are really hard on em. Just go to the auto parts store, they sell manuals, which are car specific, and you'd be amazed at the information they contain about your car and how it works, but before you do this people, look in the glove box thingy and there should be a registration thingy which will tell you what the vehicle make, model, and year it is. Not that it's not fun to help people out, just calm down and think it through before you ask what kind of air to put in the tires, and when to rotate it. LOL
I like helping people out, too. What really gets to me is when they don't tell you whatt year, make, model, and mileage. I am forever trying to get more info from these guys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment