Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I'm looking for the torque sequance for Hyundai Elantra?

Hi I am in the middle of replacing the head gasket on my sister in laws 2001 Elantra with the 2.0L 16V engine. The replacement part never came with the torque readings or sequence and am wondering if anyone could share that information with me. I know Haynes and Chilton both make manuals for this car but i'm repairing the car at no cost so money is A little tight. I have A ft lb torque wrench please no metric readings. Thank you Clint..I'm looking for the torque sequance for Hyundai Elantra?
looking it up... ...Three steps and they are different for the size bolts. For 12mm bolts 1st step is 22lbs 2nd step additional 60 degrees 3rd step another 60 degrees always working from the inside out. For 10 mm bolts all the same but 1st step which is only 18lbs. Slide a wrench over the round part of the bolt to determine the size

No comments:

Post a Comment