Sunday, February 12, 2012

1999 wrangler 5 spd 4.0L engine is making a whining noise from the rear while I drive. . .?

Man, my jeep is falling apart!!! :( It is making a whining/whirring noise coming from the rear... but only from 3rd gear on. I don't know if it's the speed or the gears... I checked the gear oil... it's right up to the drain plug. *it smelled a little sweeter than the usual oily Body Odor smell that gear oil has* anyway, I didn't see any metal particle, but it did look like it had some VERY SMALL kind of glittery flecks.... but I think it might have just been my 500W work light. Anyway, I checked Autozones repair forum and it said it could be the wheel bearing... but in the haynes manual it doesn't say anything about the bearing. Also, it seems to be vibrating more. After I just fixed my radiator problem... now this **** starts up... :( HELP... please? Thank you1999 wrangler 5 spd 4.0L engine is making a whining noise from the rear while I drive. . .?
it could be many things. the ideas that pop in my head are either a bad bearing, or bad gear wear.1999 wrangler 5 spd 4.0L engine is making a whining noise from the rear while I drive. . .?
It does sound like a bearing problem. It happens after certain speeds, mainly the speeds you travel at in 3rd gear or higher. I would have this changed as soon as possible before it breaks and you have to have your truck towed. I'm guessing you never greased your bearings and live in a dry climate. This is common in some cars.1999 wrangler 5 spd 4.0L engine is making a whining noise from the rear while I drive. . .?
could either be a universal joint or a child that you ran over...
  • dmv nc
  • wheels and tires
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment