Wednesday, February 15, 2012

1994 Nissan Maxima - Check Engine Light?

Note that I'd normally defer to my dad to do this, but I recently graduated from college and moved away from the area. I'm trying to learn how to perform my own car maintenance these days. Beyond what I'm learning now, I have very little knowledge about the inner workings of cars.



I have a 1994 Nissan Maxima that has recently started acting up. The check engine light came on, so I bought the Haynes manual so I could check the PCM for trouble codes. It came back 55 (no error) and the check engine light went off. However, it will now blink three times, then remain off for a few seconds, then blink again. I've read on the internet that a blinking check engine light indicates a serious problem, so I'm not certain if I should continue driving my car.



The mechanics in my area are notorious for robbing single females blind on repairs, but I'll take it to a garage if answers come back that I should do so.1994 Nissan Maxima - Check Engine Light?
Check out this link, they show you how to check engine light. If you know the trouble code post it here again I might able to help you.



http://www.troublecodes.net/Nissan/1994 Nissan Maxima - Check Engine Light?
bring it to a nissan dealership, and have them check the light. but also note that the checker thing you got is probably wrong about that. So get the light and the engin checked. but before u do that check the oil and see if thats low. if it is throw some more in, and plus the oil might just be bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment