Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I have a Voyager '95 Transmission question?

My transmission was supposedly fixed at an unnamed shop.

I've had problems ever since.

I could and should have fixed it myself but it was payed for by welfare.

Anyway I was told by a real mechanic that there sensors that can be causing my recent problem.



I've read some of you guy's answers and you guys are better mechanics than I am. Allthough I do have allot of experience.



I could not out do the answers you gave people so I realized I wasn't helping anyone with vehicle questions.



OK, my tranny some times shifts correct and then out of no where it won't shift out of second gear. It of course over revs my engine and hard to get around in traffic without slowing them down and, plus wear and tear on a high millage engine. The vehicle to me is still worth repairing.



If you have experience with this problem and maybe have a diagram of locations from like a Haynes manual that can be e-mailed. Or a trusty web site, I would be glad to talk, Or e-mail.



Thank you,

DanI have a Voyager '95 Transmission question?
first of all I am assuming you have a 4 speed electronically controlled transaxle not the 3 speed hydraulically controlled model. so, most likely the control module is commanding limp in mode because of a missing speed sensor signal which is common on these trans. if it is the output speed sensor the speedometer would most likely not work at the same time. either sensor would set a code in the transmission control module. however without a scan tool that is OBD1 capable you wont be able to read this code.

before replacing the sensor you should check to see if the wiring connector is pushed in all the way and not just bouncing off when you hit a bump both sensors are on the front of the trans. one on either side of the cooler hoses.there are 2 or 3 wires in the connector . also if this unnamed shop is any good they should fix it for you or at least tell you what code is in the tcm for free.I have a Voyager '95 Transmission question?
All the Mopar vans are and have been notorious for transmission problems-ask anyone who owned one and they will tell you so!

If the vehicle is high mileage I'd get rid of it and find something more reliable!I have a Voyager '95 Transmission question?
Take the van to a highly-acclaimed shop for repair. Like the person above me said, Chrysler transmissions are very low quality. If your van has a 3.0L V6, keep it and get the transmission fixed, because the engine and rest of the vehicle is most likely capable of 300-400k miles. If it has a four cylinder or 3.3L V6, I'd say ditch it.
I just replaced the trans in my 96 intrepid for pretty much the same thing, the overdrive hub had broken causing it to lose 3rd %26amp; 4th gear this cost me $1,800.00 to replace and i was told it was common in chrysler vehicles especially in the caravans and voyagers. good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment