Saturday, February 18, 2012

What are the best careers or degrees to hold as a military spouse?

I am looking for careers or degrees that travel well from location to location or those for which you can telecommute. I'm looking for actual military spouses with experience in this realm. Also, advice contrary to a certain career would be helpful as well. (i.e. I was a nurse and had trouble getting recertified each time we moved...)



I have a bachelors degree in Communication and I interned in HR. I am interested in getting my master's soon, but I'm debating into which field I should enter. Any advice?What are the best careers or degrees to hold as a military spouse?I'm in the same boat. I have a bachelors in anthropology, but there is not much that I can do with it since we have to move every 2-3 years. I am working as an admin at the moment and there is a future at my company, with the option of telecommuting when we psc again. But I really would like to get a masters degree but have no clue what to major in.



Though I am not at all interested in it, you could always get your MBA. They are pretty versatile and so long as you are stationed near a big city there are almost always corporate jobs.What are the best careers or degrees to hold as a military spouse?I think that Physician Assistants are nationally certified and therefore don't have to be recertified each time they move. I you are already a nurse it probably wouldn't be too difficult to get into PA school.

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment