Saturday, February 18, 2012

What is the best branch of the military and why do you think so?

What if any branch of the military have you been in (if you haven't I still welcome all answers). Right now I am very close to signing with the Navy, I also am looking at the Army and the Marines, possibly the Seals. I am looking into becoming a Military policeman, or something along the lines of that.What is the best branch of the military and why do you think so?So many choices...the few, the proud...army strong...accelerate your life...what do you do? I always sell the Navy. My wife and I have been in for three years and it is an amazing position to be in.



For the person that stated to go Coast Guard because they are not so much combat oriented, well let it be known that they are in fact in the Persian Gulf.



The Navy is wonderful. Reason being, there are tons of jobs to choose from, granted if you qualify for them. If you are interested in traveling then the Navy is the one for you. I did a South American deployment and visited the likes of Mexico, Peru, Ecuador, the Bahamas, Jamaica, and Jacksonville, FL. That included going through the Panama Canal twice.



If you are heavily interested in special forces, wait it out. Currently, when Pres. Bush vetoed the partial pay raise, not many know that it also includes 25 other pays including enlistment and re-enlistment. It sucks, but oh well, we just have to deal with it.



It is very interested to see who will become the next President because there will be a lot of changes.



I say go Navy!!What is the best branch of the military and why do you think so?
The best branch is the one you are in, If it's not, then don't be there.



I personally loved the Army.

Brother was in the Navy

Father in the Air Force.

Friends and other relatives in all Branches.



The military is what you make of it and how well you do your job.What is the best branch of the military and why do you think so?I prefer the Army because they're really strong as their name (Army Strong). However, I experienced from myself that some recruiters do not know clearly how to process the application and that's why they waste my time and my money as well.
Forget all the romantic notions you appear to have.



I suspect you are from the US. They do produce some very good soldiers. Unfortunately, they also produce some trigger-happy, gung-ho pillocks - often in positions of command.



If you are serious, think about what work you would like to do as a civilian and then seek to get the military to train you for it. Generally the training in the technical areas is excellent. It is probably less so for the cannon-fodder.



Think very carefully. War is a DEADLY serious business.What is the best branch of the military and why do you think so?Almost every man in my family has served in the military. however my dad and uncle are both currently serving in the National Guard and i would have to say that that branch is the best. You only have to work every other weekend, and two weeks in the summer, side for basic training. you receive training for any field you want to go into and then they pay for your college and any other school you might try after that i.e. medical school. plus besides your actual pay you get an enlistment bonus for signing on for a certain amount of time. But really its up to you. i think its great you want to sign on. what a great way to serve our country!!What is the best branch of the military and why do you think so?
I was in the Army 1987-1990. While I was in the service, I thought of this question often. The answer is: Air Force. The Air Force has the most expensive equipment of all branches of military. So, the Air Force makes sure it's Personel are educated and happy, i.e.- smart co-workers, good food, good bed, regular showers, college oppotunities while serving, etc. Also, The Air Force seemed to me to be the more Profesional Branch. Think about how you can use your military experience in a civilian application, if you were to leave the military one day. (whatever you decide,make sure your recruiter is offering a sign-on bonus, and offering rank, don't start at the very bottom of the Totem Pole) A cool Air Force Job: Flight Load Master, different parts of the world all the time!

Good Luck!
My fiance is in the Air Force and I know many other people who belong to different branches of the military. To me ( I am not an expert or anything, i know) the Air Force seems to be the best structured and treats their men and women better than any other branch. I talked to someone in the navy who trained on an Air Force base and he told me its like this: The navy and other branches would first spend money (in a training environment) on equipment and such, the Air Force would use it to go towards something that would help their airmen. Thats really all I have got. Good Luck.What is the best branch of the military and why do you think so?
The Coast Guard, due the fact that they are not combat oriented, they are more into helping people then blowing them up. They do things most other services would not do, like going out in a hurricane and saving people. Most Coast Guard bases are state side except for a handful.



"Most people don't appreciate us till they need us."-Kevin Cosiner in "The Guardian"



sheabandjamieb@sbcglob...- I guess you have no clue what the Coast Guard does do you. Yes they are in the Gulf, but they are there to protect the US Navy while in port and to secure the oil platforms out there in the gulf. We are not out there fighting other countries, we are there securing and protecting. We are not out there trading shots with other navies. Yes, we may have to fire a few shots every now and then, but that is not our main mission. We are not combat oriented, we leave that up to the boys in the Navy. If we were then there would be no need for the Navy.
I want to join the navy but i think the marines cuz they are the few and the proud.
The branch of service you join I will support you. Brother in arms as I like to say.



SSG Schramm

US Army 15 years

OIF 2003

US Army Recruiter 3 years running in Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment