Saturday, February 18, 2012

Passport and citizenship for germany with a Military discharge?

I am planning to move permanently to Germany when I get out of the military, my question is... Will I be able to apply for a US passport and for german citizenship with a "other than honorable" discharge from the US military?



Additional Info: I am currently trying to upgrade my discharge.Passport and citizenship for germany with a Military discharge?If you become a citizen of Germany you will be REQUIRED to renounce your US Citizenship. It's not optional. Only a natural born German is allowed to hold dual citizenship.



So, you won't be needing a US passport once you become a citizen of Germany.



*******The OTH will in NO WAY prevent you from getting a US passport.



If you got the OTH as a result of a court martial then you are considered to have a federal felony conviction. You can still get a US passport, but the German government, depending on what you were convicted of, might not grant you a visa.



The United States does not grant visas to immigrants who have been convicted of a "crime of moral turpitude" and I'd guess the Germans have a similar standard.

No comments:

Post a Comment