Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Dodge Durango Front Passenger Window Removal... '99-03?

I'm posting this in Dodge %26amp; Maintenance/Repairs to get as many answers as possible!



My Durango window EXPLODED from the inside out last month and I'm hoping to go to a junk yard tomorrow and get another window. I have the door all apart (it's the front passenger door), speaker disconnected, etc. but don't 'get' how another window would be removed as I have nothing visual to go by... I have a pdf Haynes manual but it hardly touches on the side windows. The motor's fine and I still have glass pieces to vacuum up inside the door before replacing the glass but don't know how the glass would come out as one piece (from a junk yard). If I can figure out how one would come out I can remove and install one. THANKS!Dodge Durango Front Passenger Window Removal... '99-03?
Take a look at the window track frame and look for 2 mounting nuts. Most newer windows have holes in the glass and bolt direct to the track. When you get the replacement glass it will probably make it simple for you. I have done a few Chrysler front windows and they are not that hard, unfortinately no Durangoes. Be careful some of your hardware isn't in the glass pieces inside the door and good luck.Dodge Durango Front Passenger Window Removal... '99-03?
When you get the replacement, you'll see what holds it in place. Let the regulator (window lifting stuff) up and slip the new window down the track and bolt it on. After you take off any part of the old one that remains. When manuals don't explain a process, usually it's because you can look it over and easily figure it out. The guys at the salvage yard can tell you what you need to know when you buy the used glass.
  • gas mileage calculator
  • peterbilt
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment