Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Where do I start learning about my car?

Some of my friends at college know a lot about cars, and I envy them. They pretty much self-taught themselves everything they know and I would like to do the same, but don't know where to start.



I just ordered a haynes manual for my 2003 ford focus, and am wondering what small repairs or replacements I can start doing that might teach me a thing or too?



I thought I could change the spark plug, but a lot of questions such as "how do I change my spark plug" here on yahoo answers mostly get answers like "leave it to the mechanics". Then how will I bloody learn anything?!



My car hasn't been serviced in a while so any suggestions of stuff a begineer could do would be great. Bearing in mind I am expecting to have to read up on whatever I have to do.Where do I start learning about my car?
Start with doing a general tune up, plugs, air and fuel filter, check all of your fluid levels, change the oil and filter, check your tire air pressure, check the torque on the lug nuts and you will do just fine...

No comments:

Post a Comment