Sunday, February 12, 2012

Car lighter/power socket broken... how to replace ?

Hi,



My car lighter socket is broken. (Its not the fuse). I need it to power my old pda/sat nav.



VW said they were 拢75 per hour + parts + VAT so I thought I'd try to do the replacement power socket myself. (拢8 part)



I've got the part and removed the console to get at it...



http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w81/s鈥?/a>



http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w81/s鈥?/a>



but i can't get the existing socket out of the red holder.....



http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w81/s鈥?/a>



Any ideas on how to release it out of that red plastic holder ? Its fitted in tight.. and I've tried to force it upwards but it won't budge, and I can't move it by pulling down (unless use maximum force which would prolly break/rip it out.



Long shot.. but any ideas ? Haynes manual doesn't really cover this part of the repair well.. (push it out is what they say and its not moving)Car lighter/power socket broken... how to replace ?
Try to twist it one way or the other gently. Then see if it pulls out.Car lighter/power socket broken... how to replace ?
Some of the earlier lighter sockets had a tin sleeve that screwed onto the other part of the socket! When the outer part is pushed into its hole, then that other part is screwed on from the back of it, where the wire connects to it. Sometimes they are tight. Check if you can see threads stamped into the bottom of the socket, where the wire connects. Unscrew the outer sleeve, and it should come out. Don't know about a clip, have no experience with that, but try my idea first!Car lighter/power socket broken... how to replace ?
1. make sure your pushing it the right way. but thats all ive ever done is just popped it out. make sure nothing is holding it back
the bottom part of the lighter probably unscrews from the top part.
  • calculate percentage
  • online puzzle games
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment