Thursday, February 2, 2012

How do I change out the keylock cylinder on a 99 altima ?

I have a 99 altima automatic that has a jammed key cylinder (wont turn with known good key). Tried a new spare, also didnt work. I started removing the steering column covers as the haynes repair manual suggests then i came across the two security bolts holding the keylock cylinder together but I cant get my drill in the confined work area even though thats what the repair manual calls out for. Has anyone come across this and how did you get it off?? I just cant see using any kind of drill , they are just too big. any other ideas....i thought of chiseling the aluminum part off but dont know if that will work. I have ordered the part and its on its way, but i have to get this one off first.How do I change out the keylock cylinder on a 99 altima ?
Lock smith is the best way to change it.



Consider a key made by the dealer to your vin number.How do I change out the keylock cylinder on a 99 altima ?
Try using a small hammer and chisel to turn the bolts. I came across this on a Land Rover I was working on and I was able to loosen them without a special tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment