Sunday, February 12, 2012

MY Cars POWER TRANSISTOR MIGHT BE FAULTY?

Im testing the power transistor of my car 1993 nissan quest.



The haynes manual says to check for continuity between pin- A (positive lead) and pin-B (negative lead)...theres no continuity. Can the haynes manual be wrong?



I found another manual...that says to check for resistance between the same pins: put positive lead on pin-A and the negative lead to pin-B) and to check for resistance, if the resistance is below 10k Ohms...then I should replace the power transistor..so I went and checked the resistance between A and B pins and the result was 20.2M Ohms (mega ohms)...(This manual was from AUTOZONE online manual repair guide)



I read in a blog that if the transistor is bad...the car WOULDNT START!!



What do you suggest?



Can the car run...with a bad power transistor?MY Cars POWER TRANSISTOR MIGHT BE FAULTY?
"if the resistance is below 10k Ohms...then I should replace the power transistor.."



You get a reading of 20.2M.



I do believe that is above 10K so you're okay.



If you get a resistance reading between those two pins then there has to be continuity.
  • permit practice test
  • bully dog
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment