Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Throttle Position Sensor 02 Honda Civic?

My car was taken to the Honda Dealer who discovered that I needed a new Throttle Position Sensor. They told me I would need to replace the entire throttle body if I wanted to replace the TPS. I read the same thing in my Haynes manual. This repair is costly. However, I found some information on some websites saying that you can simply replace the TPS without replacing the Throttle Body. I realized that you cannot purchase the TPS by itself from the dealer. I did find several website that sell the TPS by itself for under $100. My question is : Can I purchase the TPS by itself and simply replace that instead of replacing the Throttle Body? And if so, is it as easy as disconnecting the old one and connecting the new one without even having to remove the Throttle Body like I have read?



Thank you in advance.Throttle Position Sensor 02 Honda Civic?
How costly is it? Remember at a dealership, everything is going to be much more expensive. Check around at another shop in your area. Tell them to check your TPS. Then go from there...you may not even have to replace the whole body. Shop around!

No comments:

Post a Comment