Sunday, February 12, 2012

Torque Specifications for tightening bolts on Valve Cover, Intake & Exhaust Manifold and Timing Belt.?

1999 Mazda 626, V6 - 2.5L, Automatic Transmission.



I have an obvious oil engine leaks surround the engine cover.



Could you give me PRECISE Torque specifications from Mazda Manufactures? For:

1. 17 Valve Cover Bolts

2. 16 Camshaft Bearing Cap Bolts

3. Camshaft Sprocket Bolts

4. 8 Cylinder Head Bolts

5. 12 Intake Manifold Bolts

6. 3 Exhaust Manifold Heat Shield Bolts

7. 4 Exhaust Manifold Bolts (by Cylinder Head)

8. 19 Oil Pan Bolts



Could you also give me the tightening sequence numbers for no.2, 4, 5 and 7?

Is there any tightening sequence on Valve Cover?



When I ask several auto mechanics in major shops (even 2 Mazda dealers), they gave me different torque specs - totally different numbers and not even close.



I have a Mazda 626 Repair Manual Book from Haynes Publishing Group, can I rely on this book? The Torque specs in this book occasionally do not specify the exact weight.



I indeed need the exact number 鈥?NOT in between numbers.



I have another problem to address. My engine indicator light turns on while I start the engine. It has been for a year already. I changed the EGR but after a few months, the light has turned back on again.



Do you have any suggestion?



Thank you for your response.

IN DESPERATION.Torque Specifications for tightening bolts on Valve Cover, Intake %26amp; Exhaust Manifold and Timing Belt.?
tes you can depend on the haynes repair book, also on the other check your codes the car will tell you whats wrong with it, the computer in your car is very rarely found to be wrongTorque Specifications for tightening bolts on Valve Cover, Intake %26amp; Exhaust Manifold and Timing Belt.?
Go to your local autopart store and buy a hanes or chilton's guide for your car. It will have every torque spec for the whole car as well as diagrams and pictures on how to do almost every repair you can do yourself. As for tightening sequence I always use a star patern to get the bolts to spec, then go back over each bolt and check them.

No comments:

Post a Comment