Wednesday, February 8, 2012

What have I undone on my 1994 Fiesta 1.3L with a 5 speed gearbox?

In an attempt to drain the oil from my gearbox prior to removing it in order to renew the clutch, I thought I was undoing the Selector shaft cap nut and locking assembly, as instructed and depicted on page 1.14 Haynes service and repair manual.



Instead I mistakenly undid another cap nut which looks exactly like the Selector shaft cap nut, also shown in the same diagram in Haynes, but this one has a spring with a long round nose bar, which I presume is a valve. What have I undone? Can I just screw it back in place? Thank you.What have I undone on my 1994 Fiesta 1.3L with a 5 speed gearbox?
the spring on the nut you have undone basically supports a pulley in one of the clutch shafts, just screw it back in.What have I undone on my 1994 Fiesta 1.3L with a 5 speed gearbox?
screw it back in. the oil will drain when you remove the driveshafts.
  • auto parts stores
  • flyff
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment