Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Need help with 2002 Ford Sport Utility Explorer Repair!!!!?

I am trying to replace a fuel filter on a 2002 Ford Explorer. The problem I am running into is; The retaining clips are off, but the fuel lines will not slide off the filter. I am wondering if I need to run the vehicle out of gas by disconnecting the fuel pump fuse, If so what number fuse? I have looked all over the internet for repair sites to help out and I can't find a solution in the Haynes Manual for this vehicle. Anyone please help....Any advice would be great.Need help with 2002 Ford Sport Utility Explorer Repair!!!!?
The retaining clips you talk about are just a secondary safety device (If I know what you are talking about)... However depending upon what 2002 Explorer you have (sport, sport trac, or 4dr) will tell me how to remove it...



You will need a special fuel line disconnect tool to spread the internal springs on one side (4dr) or both sides (others)



the 4 dr has a flap you have to pull down the press two tabs together and shove up on to release... (the clip is red if I remember and is nearest the frame... that's after you remove a shield and such)



Haynes manuals leave something to be desired for some of these models....



I'd have to see it exactly to tell you exactly how to remove it however...

No comments:

Post a Comment