Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Where do I get a complete expanded view of my vehicle?

I have a 1998 Ford F-150. I would like to find a repair manual that has the entire vehicle expanded (it may be called "exploded"). I know mechanics used something like this years ago, but I can't find it now. A lot of repair manuals will show you how to change the oil and change filters. I want one that will show me how to take the door apart and fix the window assembly and how to put it back together. And other such detailed items. I have a Haynes and a Chiltons, but they don't have everything. I want everything.Where do I get a complete expanded view of my vehicle?
on line a mfg assy manuelWhere do I get a complete expanded view of my vehicle?
MITCHELL my friend it might cost you about 10 bucks and a lot of time but, go to the library and fotocopy a repair manual. I did it today for my 98 one ton chevrolet.Where do I get a complete expanded view of my vehicle?
You need what is called a crash book for body repairs. You can also find a dvd or cd on Ebay. You'll just have to look.

Also, go to your local body shop, I'm sure they would not mind parting with an old version of a crash book, they are updated every year.
You would have to go to the Ford Dealership and ask for whats called a complete manual for the year of the truck that you have. It should have everything about your truck. It is more expensive than Haynes or Chilton manuals, but it goes into everything about your truck. It usually costs around $75 - $100 for this manual. But it is worth it if you plan on doing a lot of repairs or if you plan on having the truck for a while.
  • superchips
  • german english translation
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment