Sunday, February 12, 2012

99 Crown Vic / Grang Marq Temp Switch (Sender[?])?

I've noticed, for some time now, that a component, located directly behind the right (passenger-side) bolt to the themostat housing (which I'm being told is the " Temperature Switch Sender ") looked damaged but, I noticed no ill effects so, I thought nothing of it. The other day my Chk Eng light came on-- I had the code read %26amp; it came back as the " Temp Sensor ".

One of the guys there said that it was obviously broken, as the plastic connector that should be on top, was broken-off / missing-- only a white putty-like substance remained, where the connector should have been. He showed me a brand new one which did, indeed have have a black plastic connector w/ two metal, male prongs on top / inside the connector. Seems like a simple enough repair (according to the [semi-reliable] Haynes manual) HOWEVER I can't seem to locate the female connector for it to plug in to(!) Where the heck could it be???!!!99 Crown Vic / Grang Marq Temp Switch (Sender[?])?
laying on top of motor its not going to fall far

No comments:

Post a Comment