Sunday, February 12, 2012

Do 1996 Ford Crown Victoria LX have brake pad Hold Down Spring(s)?

I took my Vic to a brake/muffler shop and had brakes/rotors that I purchased myself installed. when I went home and inspected the installation I noticed that there were no Hold Down Springs that clip onto the caliper. I checked the Haynes and Chilton's Repair manual for 96' and they dont mention anything about Hold Down Springs. I have other ford vehicles (taurus %26amp; ranger) and they DO have hold down springs. on those I replaced the brakes myself. any information would be greatly appreciated. thanks! -daveDo 1996 Ford Crown Victoria LX have brake pad Hold Down Spring(s)?
they may or may not the main jod of the "spring" that you are refering to is dvice to make the instalation more mech freindly

all it really does is keep the pads inplace while they are put in to place over the rotor it is not a spring

No comments:

Post a Comment