Sunday, February 5, 2012

Can I use a t-harness for a 1998 acura integra on a 1998 Honda CRV?

I am looking to install a remote starter on my 1998 Honda CRV. The remote starter company says that there is no t-harness for this vehicle, and that i have to cut directly into the wires. I was looking on their website, and they have a t-harness for a 1998 Acura Integra. My Haynes repair manual covers both CRVs and Integras, and both have the same engines in them as far as I know. Would I be able to use the Integra t-harness for this, or are the tech support people right in that there is no harness for my car? THanksCan I use a t-harness for a 1998 acura integra on a 1998 Honda CRV?
the cars do NOT have the same engine...they have engines in the same engine FAMILY. honda b-series engines.



the integra either has a b18b1(non-vtec) or a b18c1(vtec) engine in it. your CRV has a b20b1(non-vtec) engine in it. harnesses will be completely different and the reason there's no t-harness for your crv is because its a solid harness to the ignition terminal versus on the integra were there's a plug about 10" from the ignition terminal.



you gotta splice wires sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment