Wednesday, February 8, 2012

How to repair windshieldwipers on '90 Camaro?

I have a '90 Camaro RS. I had to replace wiper motor a while back. Wiper switch is on turnsignal arm, with intermittent control. The wipers worked for a little while, then started to work slower and slower until they stopped working completely. I have a Haynes manual, but it doesn't really tell me anything as far as troubleshooting this problem. Can anyone give me legitimate information on how to trace and fix this problem, or tell me where to go online to get the information I need to fix this problem? I checked fuse, it is good. Where is the wiper relay located on this car? The ground wire for wiper motor seems to be connected good.

Thank you to anybody who is willing to help ! !How to repair windshieldwipers on '90 Camaro?
Though you replaced the motor,it is pessibly a faulty one,or you have a bad gear,or wiper rack.With the decrease in speed,it does sound like your wiper motor,is defective.How to repair windshieldwipers on '90 Camaro?
Sounds like your wiper motor is bad. Locate the main power wire for the wiper motor, jump it to the battery. The wipers should come on. If ot, bad motor. I really doubt that its the interior switch. But if it is, take it to a professional if you've never replaced this type of switch before. Because when removing it you'll have to remove the airbag and the coil...ect. and it is not recommended to play around with that if you are unexperienced in that field. Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment