Sunday, February 5, 2012

1996 dodge stratus [[mechanics only]]?

Im having some serious trouble finding a part for my engine. Me %26amp; my boyfriend just redid the entire timing belt and we found that the tensioner pin locked up on me. So looking for the part is giving us some problems. If you have some knowledge or look into the Haynes Repair Manual on the Chrysler Sebring-Dodge Stratus %26amp; Avenger book. on page 2A-12 Chapter 2 Part A 4 Cylinders.

On the very top of the page theres this tensioner in picture 7.21a

So far we went to all these auto stores and they have no idea what the part is.

The dealer is going to charge us 230$ for the part and i don't have that much. Plus the dealer isn't even sure what part it is.

We've tried everything.

So i really need to know what the part is called %26amp; who besides the dealer sells the part.

I hope i gave you enough information to help me out.

I'll give +10 points to who-ever has the best %26amp; most descriptive answer1996 dodge stratus [[mechanics only]]?
That part is called a timing belt tensioner. Depending on when in 96' your car was built it may be hydraulic or it may be mechanical. If it is a hydraulic type chrysler changed the style of it so you need to purchase a new updated kit that consists of new covers %26amp; tensioner. If you would like you can e-mail me your vin# and I can tell you exactly which you need. Also I can give you the part# and napa or someone like that might be able to cross reference it in to their own part#.

No comments:

Post a Comment