Thursday, February 2, 2012

Does my 2006 5.3L Silverado have an EGR valve?

I am trying to tune up my truck and can't seem to find the EGR valve. The Haynes repair manual that i'm using shows it to be right in front of the oil fill tube, but there is nothing there. I also cannot seem to find any online parts stores that sell an EGR valve for a 2005 or 2006 Silverado. So what I'm asking is, do I have an EGR valve on my truck? Thanks in advanceDoes my 2006 5.3L Silverado have an EGR valve?
Yes it does have an e.g.r. valve . At the throttle body there is a metal tube going in just behind it . Follow that down to the valve .Does my 2006 5.3L Silverado have an EGR valve?
Why are you looking for the EGR valve for a tune-up? If it is bad a code will set and flash on your instrument panel. Otherwise, leave it alone. The Hayne's manual tells you what to replace for a tune-up.





What were you going to do with it when you find it?
  • christian book
  • game of thrones book
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment