Thursday, February 2, 2012

Where is my canister purge valve?

I drive a 1996 Buick regal custom 3.8L. The other day my service engine light came on so I took the vehicle to Auto Zone and had them read the code. The code was p0441: emission control system incorrect purge flow. The guy ordered me a new canister purge valve, but I can not find where the little ****** is in my car. I bought a haynes repair manual for my model vehicle and it said that for some model cars the valve is in the canister itself, but it just doesn't seem like it could fit. I know that the canister is in the rear of the car, behind the left tire, but I don't know where this valve is, any help would be appreciated. *this isn't the same as the purge solenoid mounted near the intake manifold*Where is my canister purge valve?
If I remember correctly, the part he sold you is actually a solenoid and it is on the back side of the engine. Not very easy to get to. It is in about the same area as the plug wires on the rear cylinder head. Where is my canister purge valve?
yes the purge valve is the same thing as the purge solenoid mounted by the intake or the rear head, either the purge valve is not what they ordered you or they got you the wrong part, the other valve that could have set the code would be the evap vent valve, that one is located by the canister, of course the canister itself, any of the vacuum lines connecting it all, the air filter for the vent valve could all also be at fault either way you really should take that to someone who actually know how to diagnose the system rather than someone trying to sell you parts

No comments:

Post a Comment