Thursday, February 2, 2012

Does Resistance (ohms) vary on sparkplug wires from Brand to Brand ?

Looking in my Haynes Repair Manual [Dodge/Plymouth Neon 00 - 03] it gives a certain resistance range to check for each wire. I checked on someone elses 2000 Plymouth Neon which has garage supplied (Carquest) brand wireset and none of the wires were in range. Do I need to ask the dealer and or consult an official TECH manual ? or can I assume they are a good set. What about Bosch brand ?



I'm considering upgrading to an MSD wireset and coil on my own dodge Neon. Right now I have a Bosch wire set and just use Champion RC9YC plugs like everyone else does and claims they are best for a stock Neon.Does Resistance (ohms) vary on sparkplug wires from Brand to Brand ?
Definitely. I replaced the stock wires on my Neon because I was getting a check engine light and it ran like crap. I got Pep Boys wires, and they worked for about 6 months, then the same problem. So I got factory wires from the dealer, and they work better. The resistance in the Pep Boys wires was higher than the stock ones. Neons are so picky about wires that now I won't buy anything but Mopar, because at least I know they are specific to my car.Does Resistance (ohms) vary on sparkplug wires from Brand to Brand ?
yes they will some wires will run a real high resistance while others will be low,you cant always go by what the ohm meter says,while its useful on some things it can throw you off on others ,good luck.,,PS the combination your using is a good combination to go with .
  • art games
  • the pillars of the earth
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment