Thursday, February 2, 2012

I have to replace the front heater blower motor in my 1996 Dodge Grand Caravan having a 3.8 motor with all opt

I have a Haynes repair manual; my problem being according to the manual the heater blower motor and fan wheel is balanced together when they are made and sold as an assembly only. Problem being; all the local parts stores sell only the motor without the fan wheel. Can鈥檛 afford dealer price. My question; can the fan wheel be removed from my old blower motor and installed on the new motor. If so, how do I do it? Your help with this information will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks TomI have to replace the front heater blower motor in my 1996 Dodge Grand Caravan having a 3.8 motor with all opt
The wheel is balanced enough to use with the new motor. I do it all the time at work.I have to replace the front heater blower motor in my 1996 Dodge Grand Caravan having a 3.8 motor with all opt
The squirl cage is more than likely plastic and simply pressed onto the motor shaft.

Use two large flat tip screw drivers, one on each side below the base of the fan. One on each side pushed all the way in until they touch the motor shaft.

Now, simply press the screw drivers against the motor housing to force the blower up off the shaft.



ADDED:

Make sure you remove the little clip from the end of the shaft holding the fan onto the motor shaft...if it has one.

No comments:

Post a Comment