Thursday, February 2, 2012

HELP!!! I need to check my 88 GM Safari's Fuel filter...?

My son is going to help me...but, I just realized my Haynes Repair Manual is up in Penticton, in my friends car!!!

Can anyone give me a short walk thru on this? It is pretty easy to do, no? We've change the seal on the power steering fluid gasket before, so it's not l;ike I mind getting dirty or underneath the vehicle, even if it's slow going...any one feel like walking me thru this, if it's possible? I thank you so much for your time,in advance!HELP!!! I need to check my 88 GM Safari's Fuel filter...?
it is by the gas tank and you will lose some gas doing it as there is a large nut and a smaller one you have to hold the one on the filter and the line nut you unloosen to take the line out of the filter and on the other end you will have a slide on fitting that you have to get off by using a pair of needle nose pliers and pressing the tangs together and pull it off the filter then all you have to do is put the new one on by threading the line into the new filter and tightening it up with your 2 wrenches and they will give you a new slip on clip in the box for the new filter that you put on the new filter and then just take the line and snap it on and you are done, basically a simple operation after you have done it one time but just remember not to have a trouble light close where gas could come in contact with it or smoke while doing this as quite a lot of gas can come out until the lines are empty or you get the new one hooked up. GOOD LUCK.
The fuel filter is under your van in line between the fuel tank and the engine if i remember right it is near the rear axle. it is a cylinder shape about 2 inches in diameter and 3 inches long. The filter has threaded lines on each end and a clamp holding it to the body. It is easy to replace although you will spill some gas. Have the new filter as close by as possible because the filter is lower than the tank and it will probably siphon the gas out until you get the new filter in place. Please NO SMOKING while you do this job and stay in an open area away from open flames.HELP!!! I need to check my 88 GM Safari's Fuel filter...?
On your 1988 GMC Truck Safari Van 4.3L TBI , the Fuel Filter is located:



Under vehicle, driver side, below seating area, near fuel tank, mounted on frame rail in fuel line
.HELP!!! I need to check my 88 GM Safari's Fuel filter...?
congradulations, finally a person who knows how to repair cars the proper way...and your so prepared too.

No comments:

Post a Comment