Thursday, February 2, 2012

Park lamps, Tag Lights, and Tail Lights Don't Work on Ford Windstar?

'95 Ford Windstar - I have a Haynes Repair Manual and the Service Manual for Fuse/Relay locations



The tail lights, tag lights, and yellow park lights won't turn on when I turn the light switch; however, the brake light (which is the same light as the tail light) works when the brake is applied, the front headlights work, and so do all of the turn signals. All interior lights work as well.

I checked all the fuses, none are blown. Could be a relay?

I checked the wires as far as I could around the fuse box, none seem damaged.

Tried replacing bulbs, but like I said, the bulbs work because they are the same as the brake.

I don't think it's the switch since the headlights turn on, but I'm not too familiar with those.



Like I said, only the tag lights, tail lights, and park lights don't work...

Thanks!!Park lamps, Tag Lights, and Tail Lights Don't Work on Ford Windstar?
the headlight switch is bad,the switch has two stages,the first one turns on the running lights,the second turns on the headlights.the first stage/running lights has gone bad.its a common problem on older vehicles due to all the years of use.have it checked,i am positive this is your problem.
I had this problem with my 1995 Windstar. . Replaced the switch like Lidur and still had the problem. The plastic socket for the headlight switch was partiality melted from heat. I replaced the socket and solved the problem.

Report Abuse

Park lamps, Tag Lights, and Tail Lights Don't Work on Ford Windstar?
the 95 windstar has some recalls check out the link below.
I have to go with alr538, the switch is worn out.Park lamps, Tag Lights, and Tail Lights Don't Work on Ford Windstar?
Bad relay, switch, or a short...
All of those lights run on a circuit together. You either have a fuse blown or a bad relay. Check under the hood in the fuse/relay center and check. The cover should show you which fuse/relay runs what.



Brake, turn signal and head lights run on different circuits.



ADDITIONAL DETAILS %26gt;%26gt;%26gt;

The easiest way to check a relay is to swap it with one that you know works. If the lights start working, replace the relay.

No comments:

Post a Comment