Thursday, February 2, 2012

Problem with a 1999 Ford Contour?

My car hisses and sometimes stops. I am told that I have an air hose off. I need to reconnect this air hose, obviously. Well, I have a Haynes Repair Manual, but it doesn't SHOW me where the hose will be, it just says reconnect it. If I could find it, I would. Does anyone know where I can get a diagram for a 1999 Ford Contour. Any help should e-mail ZSchrink@FranklinCollege.eduProblem with a 1999 Ford Contour?
Look at the under side of the hood. There should be a routing diagram of the vacuum hoses there and the components they attach to. These would be the vacuum hoses under the hood only.

However you may have a vacuum hose disconnected for your ac or heating system in the dash controls or a bad directional switch that controls the defrost, dash vent, heater air. If you turn your ac on and then shut the engine off see if you can hear hissing coming from that location and badda bing badda boom theres your leak and its location. If not turn the car off with the hood open then get out of the car to see if you can hear it under the hood and where its coming from.Problem with a 1999 Ford Contour?
YOU NEED TO BUY A BOOK FROM A COMPANY CALLED CHILTON,ITS THE BIBLE FOR YOUR CAR. MAKE SURE WHEN YOU BUY IT , GIVE THE YEAR AND MODEL OF YOUR CAR

No comments:

Post a Comment